Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:embarrassed: hello everyone my name is paul new to running have not run a race yet would like to run a marathon any advice thanks

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I'd suggest you give yourself a year to train and do at least 4 races of increasing length during that time... 10k, 10 m and 2 half marathons. You'll need to have run for at least 3 hours (18-20m) 3 times before doing a marathon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello there,

Runners world magazine does a London marathon build up training program that has the penguin 'just-to-be able to get round schedule' with a walk-running technique, might be worth a look for a first time marathon....and of course it does give you a look at the training required for faster times if you take to running easily. Can't remember when the training count-down usually starts but I think it is over 3 or 4 issues so could be dec/ jan time? Worked for me. Also gives local races/ other races to target to build up and good tips - as of course do other running magazines!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
And Runners World have pacers at various events such as the LM so you can run with them at your pace without having to think about pace yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts