Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of Brooks Ravenna 8 trainers a couple of years ago after an assessment and have quite liked them.

As they began to wear down, I bought another pair when I saw them on sale. I've continued to wear both - using the older ones for muddier runs etc.

The old pair is just about worn out now, and the newer pair is beginning to get worn so I've been on the look out for another pair but they look to be getting in short supply - there don't seem to be any bargains about.

However they look to have been replaced by the Ravenna 9 and now the Ravenna 10.

Am I fairly safe to get one of these instead - will I find them to be similar in terms of support and comfort? Or is each new iteration completely different?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Generally newer versions are a bit different. In my experience if I liked the earlier version then I have also liked the newer one too. Conversely, a friend of mine used to like Peregrine 4s, but has not got on with any of the newer versions. So it's a risk but you'll probably be OK. If you're not sure then go to a shop and try them on.

Don't run in worn out shoes. That way injury lies.

Also, clean shoes are an abomination. The first act in any new pair of shoes should be to find the nearest mud and thunder through it whilst stamping your feet and generally splashing it about all over the place.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I've had the 7, 8 and 9 which I liked the most as they were a bit lighter in weight but retained the same fit, I tried the 10 and was really disappointed as the fit is totally different, much wider, so I didn't buy them. Luckily I found a pair of 9s on the Brooks website but I think they're pretty much all gone now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts