Runners Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have done some running on and off over the years - nothing major, usually no more than 5K at a push, but did the GNR a few years back (broke my foot at mile 3 and didn't realise so just kept going!) - didn't have a brilliant time, I think it was around 2hr 50min, but at least I finished.

I really enjoy running, I'm just not very good at it yet! I went out yesterday (in my new HOKA's - theyre amazing) and did 5k of run/walk - I'd say 60% of it was at a jog, the rest walking. I'm very overweight - 20st, 6ft, always been broad and stocky - but I was 23st a few months ago and the weight is still coming off at a steady, sustainable pace. I had planned to incorporate running 3 times a week to my activity. I currenty train with weights 2-3 times a week with a trainer, and until recently was doing spin class 2-3 times a week.

My first goal is to lose weight, which seems to be going OK for the moment! But eventually I'd love to be really ambitious and go for an ultra marathon - probably a 50mile. Ideally I'd like to do this before I'm 40 (just turned 37) and see where to go from there. Also joining a social running group - I think if I have something social with a group I'll be more likely to progress.

So hi everyone, looking forward to posting all about inevitable aches, pains and - hopefully - successes!

Daniel

1 - 1 of 1 Posts