• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should my pb for a marathon be?

The 3hrs 38'6" as per Garmin measured 26.2miles or the 3hrs 39'24" as per official results though measured at 26.3m?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
i am biased of course.

Ill let you have the 3 hours 38 :d

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I've gone for the slower time, but only because it's still a PB and it makes it easier for you to get a PB next time ;) And it's the more "official" one, even if the other is probably more accurate.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I'd gladly accept either, I think the're fantastic times.

I've plumped for the latter what with it being official and all that - sorry.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
richardsimkiss said:
Indeed... you have to keep it official :p Why you didn't start the Garmin as your crossed the start line i'll never know *sigh*
Well normally I would start my watch as I crossed the line..........but I couldn't see any line or banner so started the Garmin at the "b of the bang" thinking it wouldn't make that much of a difference.

Was surprised by the 0.1 discrepancy...........either

1. I was that far back from the start
2. The Garmin isn't totally accurate
3. The course was not accurately measured
4. All of the above combined.

I reckon the latter.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Fantastic news on the PB and what a quandry, but I did plump for the official time only for similar reasons already mentioned.

Well Done Steve :d

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
I think you're right Steve... "all of the above"

The Garmin certainly isn't pinpoint accurate, but it's pretty bloody good! And regardless of how accurate the course is measured, you only ever do the EXACT distance, if you ran the exact same path that the course was measured along.

The fact that the 0.1mi inaccuracy remained constant throughout must account for something though - not quite sure what! lol.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts