Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone,

I'm not a total virgin to running or fitness although it has been a very long time since i've done any sort of fitness. I used to cycle a bit and play the odd bit of squash but due to lack of time and probably commitment etc i have seen it all drift and now I own a spare tyre above the belt! It needs to go and 2007 is my year. I applied for the London Marathon through a charity but got turned down. I wanted to do one before i'm 30. So i signed up for the Plymouth Half Marathon and have been running nearly every 2 days in preparation. I'm not bothered about the time I complete it in I just want to complete it (and not be last). I have run around Burrator Reservoir many times and everyone I have met have been fantastic. Even the "hello's, goodmornings, keep goings" make it all worth doing! ;)

Any help or advice would be much appreciated:d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Don

Welcome to the forum, good luck with your training for the Plymouth 1/2, there are a few from the forum taking part in this as well. If you are not following a schedule and want some guidance, I believe you can get training schedules from Runnersworld... :eek:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome Don and good luck with your 1/2m training.
The attitude you're adopting to the race is absolutely correct...leave worrying about your time to another day!
Build up mileage steadily..no more than 10% increase in miles each week.
Try to find a running club to join for group runs and motivation and make sure you have the right running shoes for you.

·
Registered
123 Posts
hello Don welcome to the site. I found it a few weeks ago and the support has been great. As for being last in the Plymouth half i think that could be my spot. I have only been jog/walking for about 7 weeks and yesterday managed to run a mile without walking!!

Do you know about the Brooks training runs at Burrator 1st Sunday of the month (this Sunday) at 9am?
May see you there :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
You Plymouth crowd are going to have to plan a way of identifying yourselves to each other at Sunday's Brooke training run. Else you shall never meet.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Gazelle said:
You could all wear the same shade of lipgloss.
Perhaps you could send some of yours Gazelle in those lovely Laydee colours.... :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts