Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My name is Kelly, I am Events Co-ordinator for Deafblind UK. I am in charge of co ordinating all of our participants in the various runs throughout the year. These include the London Marathon, The Womens Adidas Challenge, The London 10K and The Great Eastern run. In addition to this, I am also in training myself to run in a Half Marathon - The Great Eastern Run In October in Peterborough. This is our home town, so I have to lead from the front!! lol I will be running for Deafblind UK and it is my first run. I can normally be found in aerobics and body combat classes, so it is a bit different for me!! Going to start my training plan in the next month, so any tips would be gratefully received, or if you just want to say hi, thats cool too!!

Nice to meet you all,

Kelly x

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hi there Kelly,

Welcome to the forum, its a nice forum here, very friendly.

I used to do other things apart from run, but i ran at the gym, in october last year i decided to see if i could run and you be suprised how much stamina you build up in the gym kelly, so no doubt you will have the basics there to get you running.

I started off with running 5k, i entered race for life and done training for a 5k can you not put yourself down for one Kelly before the Great Eastern, then after the race for life you can up yourself to a training plan for 10k then more etc ??

I am doing the Great Eastern 10k in Kings Lynn soon :p

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hola!

For now the only advice is to enjoy yourself :d (and listen to your body... very important so as to avoid injury). Obviously when you have a more specific question then I'll obviosuly try and use my genius to help :d :p But seriously... there's a lot of knowledgable, friendly people on here, so welcome, and enjoy :d

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!

Hi both,

Thanks for the advice. I have now decided to do the Race For Life in Peterborough in June, so this should break me in more gently and give me a taster of what I am in for!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Kelly

Welcome to the forum. I'm quite new here myself. I used to work on the events team for a large charity and we had a lot of runners in the marathon. It was great fun being with them the night before for the pasta party (our own evening not Flora's) and supporting them along the way and welcoming them at the end. One of the hardest parts was getting the sponsorship in ;)

Good luck with your training.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Kelly

Welecome to RF.

Good luck with your training, most of all try and enjoy it.

TT

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Well done for entering a race for life Kelly

Good Luck

Lets us know how you get on

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts