Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Despite being 34 and a binge exerciser/runner, I consider myself new to running.This summer I'm pleased to say I have maintained 5/6 days a week of exercise for 3 months now . 1 3 mile run followed by 45 min weight work at the gym.I'm really happy to say that I've made big strides in my personal fittness. However no family or friends are into running or sport, beyond watching it with a pint of beer and a bag of pork scratchings !
I'm making just under 22 mins for the 3 miles, is this an acceptable time for a beginner ?
and I was wondering will mixing free weights effect my running adversely? and any general tips on progressing my running will be gratefully recieved.
Go easy on me this is my first post !
Thaks
Shotoku.:)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Shotoku

Welcome to the forum.

Crikey your times are brilliants nothing to fear there.

Alot of people tend to join running clubs and this will help you progress by running with faster runners than yourself, I am sure this will help you greatly as you don't have anyone to run with by the sound of it.

TT

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the relpy, I have thought about joing a club, but I guess the fear is being so far behind other members that I end up looking daft. Ma:confused: ybe it's time to take the plunge though !

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Shotoku said:
but I guess the fear is being so far behind other members that I end up looking daft. Ma:confused:
Believe me,with your times that`s not going to be a problem...........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts