Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all....!!
I'm new to this running lark and have just ordered a load of running gear to get me started.

My main reason for running is to lose weight for my wedding which takes place in december next year!!

I have eaten far too many mince pies this christmas and i feel really sluggish at the moment.

I am planning my first run tomorrow,well,walk/jog haha!!

just wanted to say hi and introduce myself!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi. Welcome to the wonderful world of running and the forum. You will find plenty of advice and encouragement here.

Running is a great way to lose weight, just start slow and easy to avoid injury. But a word of warning, I started running 13 years ago to lose weight but have now become addicted. Every year I have to find bigger and better challenges. At least it is a healthy addiction and better than alcohol or drugs.

Good luck

·
Registered
123 Posts
jodirun said:
This is one addiction I wouldn't mind having!!
Did you lose weight with the running?
Lost shed loads of weight and found I had more energy. I was forty, very unfit and healthy when I decided something had to change. I had tried diets but they were no good, running (well a bit of jogging and wobbling to start with) is the only thing I have found to control my weight.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Welcome jodirun :)

Like Edward Chapman said... Watch out! You are on the road to never quitting running ;)

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Hi Jodi... great decision to start running! Make sure you keep coming back to the forum and it'll repay you with plenty of motivation to get you out the door.

I've lost 3stone since I started running and whereas when I started 2 years ago my goal was simply to make it around my 1.9 mile course without stopping, that came and went and now i'm constantly looking improving personal bests over distances up to and beyond 1/2 marathon :d

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,

Hello every body, I just signed up to this forum to get some advice and encouragement, I would say that I am a new runner, but unfortunately in the little time that I was running I've got injury that it is called PLANTAR FASCITIIS, which is very painful and hopefully soon I will get back to run. ;)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Hi Susana,

Shin Splints eh !! - bummer, rest and ice seems to be a good remedy for this (most things in fact), generally caused at the beginning by overdoing the training. What sort of mileage have you been doing when you started off, and do you have proper running footwear ?

Welcome to the forum BTW :d

1 - 10 of 10 Posts