Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I started running just over a year ago to maintain fitness and control my weight when my exercise bike finally died. I used to hate running but now I'm addicted. I used to really fat (6 ft 1in and almost 17 stone), but after a couple of years of getting the fitness bug I'm now a healthy runners weight of 11 and a half stone.

I tend to run 20-30 miles per week, but will likely do more when the weather improves. I've never raced, but plan to do the Great North Run next year and hopefully a marathon a year later. I ran the half mile distance the first time last week and was chuffed with my time. I ran 4 laps of Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh (very hilly circuit) on a cold, icy morning. I wanted to run a sub 1 hour 45 and ended up doing it in 1 hour 35 mins. Anyway, I wanted to join the forum to get tips on improving performance. I'd ideally like to run a sub 1 hour 30 half marathon next year.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, when you can't actually run (because you're at work), talking about running is a good second best :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts