Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hence the "Fish out of water"!
Hi everybody!
A new year and a new determination to get into running properly having played at it a few times before! Motivation has never been a problem but in the past however carefully I have tried to introduce my now over 40 year old body into running I have ended up picking up an injury which undoes all the good work!
My next thread will be on the injury forum to see if anyone can recommend a professional in the South West area to carry out a good biomechanical analysis to see if I am just unbalanced (other than mentally of course!) and that is what is causing the continual problems?
I am determined to get running and keep running!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it is a plantar fascia problem - discomfort around my right heel pad and in the arch just behind the Big toe joint? Not really killer I am running a bit and icing it every day. A small bottle full of water frozen in the ice box and just roll your foot over it - works really well. I have had knee niggles, IBS and a suspected stress fracture in my left foot all in trying running in the past 2-3 years. That is why I think I may need Biomechancal analysis - I have started a thread asking for someone to recommend a professional around the Somerset Devon area - I have searched the web with no obvious leads so lets hope the forum can help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts