Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. im quite new to running and is a must for an upcoming fitness test.

I need to run a mile and a half in under 14 mins but so far im having trouble dropping it. I am consistent at 15 mins and looking for any help and ideas of how i can improve.

My fitness test should be in about 6 weeks (an approx timescale).

HELP please!

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
amy22 said:
hello everyone. im quite new to running and is a must for an upcoming fitness test.

I need to run a mile and a half in under 14 mins but so far im having trouble dropping it. I am consistent at 15 mins and looking for any help and ideas of how i can improve.

My fitness test should be in about 6 weeks (an approx timescale).

HELP please!
What kind of training you doing Amy?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, so far iv just been running at the same pace and not much else. I was getting fixated on timing my mile and a half which was putting too much pressure on i think.

I have heard about hill work and interval training so i think i'll give that a go.

I will try to train 3 times a week but work shifts so its sometimes hard to fit them in :(

Does anyone have an estimate at how long it will take me to knock a minute off my time??!!

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
amy22 said:
Does anyone have an estimate at how long it will take me to knock a minute off my time??!!
That would vary from person to person, but I managed to knock 90 seconds off my 5km time over the past month.

If you can't always run three times a week, I would at least aim to get in an interval session and a longer run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts