Runners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day grunters.

So I am going to need as much tips a possible. I'm 37, way too heavy for my height (BMI of 38) and haven't been active since the dinosaurs.

Looking back at my photos when I was a semi-pro boxer in my early twenties, a switch has now been triggered.

I want to get my fitness back. Problem is, I can't run to the bathroom without needing a rest stop (pun intended).

I want to be able to get back to being able to comfortably run 20km the way I used to train.

But I've forgotten how to train...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Perhaps start with a 'Couch to 5k' (C25K) Training plan to ease into running with some structure. The other thing would be to clean your diet up, I used 'Weight Watchers' that worked for me. Both the running and the diet went hand-in-hand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I've just jumped back into the Carnivore diet.. which first of all will solve many, many of my issues as it has in the past for me.

The only other issue now.. I have wide feet. And I want cloudy/bouncy runners/sneakers. What do you suggest?

·
Registered
5 Posts
G'day grunters.

So I am going to need as much tips a possible. I'm 37, way too heavy for my height (BMI of 38) and haven't been active since the dinosaurs.

Looking back at my photos when I was a semi-pro boxer in my early twenties, a switch has now been triggered.

I want to get my fitness back. Problem is, I can't run to the bathroom without needing a rest stop (pun intended).

I want to be able to get back to being able to comfortably run 20km the way I used to train.

Best tip you'll get at this stage is from me would be to take it very very easy with regular step backs for recovery. 3 steps forward, one step back. Build for 3 weeks, step it back for 1 week. For a whole depth of tips n'tricks that'll help you, feel free to check out my own archive of running memories.
skinnydudes-sor

·
Registered
4 Posts
G'day grunters.

An over-weight patient is never advised to approach an extreme running schedule like a sprint. Therefore, to control obesity, you should get expert health assistance through your physician or find another source of health education.
This way, you may schedule for Long Runs, Base Runs, Recovery Runs, Interval Runs & Progression Runs as per your obesity levels. Go through the following fitness aids. You’ll get exercising any of these running cycles.

You may read this guide Best Running Tips To Lose Weight In 2020 | Ask Runners. Here you'll find tips for how you can control your weight and get started running being over weight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
+1 for couch to 5km

Main thing is take it easy, there is no rush, give knees and tendons ect ect all chance to get used to running slowy slowy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts