Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Very familiar with forums, so just wanted to say hello before posting.

I am trying to get fit after a period of doing nothing. I work from home and decided that walking to the gate of my house was not really the distance I wanted to get out of breath. I joined the forum to meet others and also to get some advice. I am having a lot of muscle pain and stiches everytime I run. anyway this problem I have posted in the injuries section.

Thanks for listening and a big HELLO.

Paul

·
Registered
813 Posts
Welcome Paul. i expect you already know to start off slowly, either follow a training plan or go your own way. Don't do too much too quickly, but what great times you do already! you are doing fine, keep it up!

ps Get some decent running shoes!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Welcome Paul.

With times like that,you would make the perfect running partner for me.............:d

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone, the times are there to be improved : )

I will take the advice of good running shoes, seems to be more important than I thought.

Paul

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Welcome Paul

Getting stitches and muscle pain is your body getting used to the shock of starting to run, this was the case for me first of all, my abs hurt when i first started but this is due to uneven pavements etc i was told. your body works harder road running then running in a gym, i never had aches when i joined a gym over a year ago.

Relaxing whilst running is such a must too, the more you tense the worse the pain can end up.

Sometimes i feel my shoulders are tense so i remember and relax then i feel a lot better.

Welcome to the site.

I have only been running short while and i am getting better and better, i joined a running club too.

Its about patience too with running, i have so learnt this, and these people on here are great, they help out loads.

:)

Welcome again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts