Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ya everyone

i am as you guessed new to this forum and indeed running. i have done a little bit of runing but that was ages ago, and only a mile or so.

there so a few reasons for me starting up runing again. they are

* my gp has told me i need to exercise for health reasons. i have a few conditions including prediabetes.

* i want to be able to run a fun run in merory of my a few family members who died last year.

* it is something i would like to do to get fit.

i have run a few fun runs only 5 km's but would love to run longer ones. my insperation is my brother who belongs to a running club and is a very good runner. he complete a marathon last year in three hours thiry mins.

today i managed to run a mile and a half in 14 mins. not sure if this is good? i have only started last week running home from work. the way i look at it is i have to get home from work and the only way is to run. i save all that money on fares and get exercise to. best of both worlds.

take care sarah

ps sorry for bad spelling.

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
wELCOME TO THE FORUM !! that's terrific that your already running Sarah sounds like your doing good so far we will be as much help as we can on the forum to encourage and motivate so if you have any questions ask away !;)

Take it easy

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hello Sarah,
nice to see other people joining the forum. Looks like you have enough reasons to keep you motivated there! Good luck and happy running:)

·
Registered
835 Posts
14mins for a mile and a half is good going for anyone, new or old. But it's not the time that counts. Enjoying it is the main objective for me and sometimes getting that motivation to get out there is the hardest part.

Once I'm out there I always enjoy it and always feel that I could have done more. Sadly the time available always cuts my runs short.

Anyway welcome to RF

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi everyone
thank you for your relpys. i am still taking things slowly. i intend to run home from work tomorrow so get some more practise. a friend of mine has siad she might like to join our local running club with me so at least i will have someone to keep m e on my toes!

my brother is on the committee of the running club so i have no excuse to join and run.

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Go for it what have you got to lose Sarah you sound naturally hesitant in your post but try not to worry we all want you to succeed and it'll be the same in the club the mere fact you've come on the forum puts you up there

well done so far
and keep us updated;)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Welcome Sarah.

From reading your posts I see no reason why you can`t go from strenght to strenght.

Well done and good luck.

Dave

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
sarah2 said:
hi everyone
thank you for your relpys. i am still taking things slowly. i intend to run home from work tomorrow so get some more practise. a friend of mine has siad she might like to join our local running club with me so at least i will have someone to keep m e on my toes!

my brother is on the committee of the running club so i have no excuse to join and run.

Go for it!!!

You'll never look back once you have joined....trust me! :d

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i turst you! i am detirmed to get fit this year. at the mo my running is on hold as i hvae i a blood pressure mintor on from gp no way i could run wiht thta on. to see if my blood pressure is high all the time.

i wuold dearly love to run in a ten km or half martahonnext year. i thnik i will enjoy it more wehn i am finding it esayer. will keep yuo posted.

ps sorry for the spelling. i am dsylexic. hvaeing a bad day!

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Hi Sarah... how come the blood pressure monitor is stopping you from running? surely you don't need it on all the time? If so then that's pretty unfortunate :(

I hope you don't think I'm patronising but if it makes life any easier for you there's a spell checker you can use which is pretty handy :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no the blood rpessure was on for 24 hours and had problems with my asthma. i had to see gp abuot it today. so had a week out. i will just see how things go from here. hopeing to do a run on sunday. i hvae a lot of haelth problems whcih make running hard. sometimes wehn thye are not under control thne i canet run but am gonna try to carry on.

ps thnaks for spellchecker advice. i donet use thme thta much as i find it hard to recgonise waht speling is rigth.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts