Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im lairdy and new to the running scene. Ive been kept reasonably fit by years of playing amatuer football at a good competitive level. But due to injuries and other circumstances I have had to find a new keep fit activity. I dont like gym's and I do miss the competitive of a team sport but have found running a good alternative. Its the competing against myself and hoping to continously improve which I think I enjoy.

I also have stumbled across the other plus points of running, like the scenery and getting throught those pain barriers! I live in a country side town in Scotland and have now realised how lucky I am. Anyway, I am looking forward to some of your top tips and printing my progress.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Hey lairdy21!
Welcome!
Whereabouts in Scotland are you now? I may be heading your way this month :)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hey lairdy21 Welcome to the site. :d

keep on running. !!!

(could of broke into song then) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello peeps.

Sorry about the late reply. I have been caught up in looking at all the information available on this site that I forgot about this new starter thread thingy!

I live about 15-20 minutes north east of glasgow. At the foot of the Campsie hills, almost. Havent ventured up them yet though :eek:

I have been running for 3 1/2 weeks. Each week including 3 runs, incorporating 2 smaller runs about 3-3.5miles and a larger one at the weekends. 1st longer run was about 5.2 miles, 2nd was 4.4m and 3rd was just longer than the 5.2miles but in a quicker time (around 43mins)

I will do three runs again this week similarly then hope to move up to 4 runs a week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts