Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya

Thought I would say hello. I'm a runner based in Exeter, training up for a marathon (Amsterdam this Oct :d ) and glad for any hints you have to get me a PB

Katten

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Welcome Katten :)

I'm not too far away from you...just up the M5 a bit.

Will it be your first marathon, or are you a regular nutter like the rest of us :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Katten

Welcome to the forum.

TT :d

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi :)

I'm a regular, if erratic, nutter. This is #5 for me; times go from 3:30:56 to 4:10:something, the main difference is that normally I train up, do a marathon then stop and drift for ages, but now I'm continuing over from last time. It's a nice, flat course this time around, so hopefully I'll get a decent time :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome Katten,

You've obviously got plenty of experience. Are you a member of a local club? If not joining one would help you train for Amsterdam.

I did the Amsterdam 1/2m a few years back....well actually I didn't.....I suffered food poisoning after eating a dodgy chip the night before the race and was sick all night. I started the race intending to run it with SWMBO, felt fine so after about 2k went off ahead only to start going backwards at 5k and dropping out just after SWMBO went pass me.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Steve said:
Welcome Katten,

You've obviously got plenty of experience. Are you a member of a local club? If not joining one would help you train for Amsterdam.

I did the Amsterdam 1/2m a few years back....well actually I didn't.....I suffered food poisoning after eating a dodgy chip the night before the race and was sick all night. I started the race intending to run it with SWMBO, felt fine so after about 2k went off ahead only to start going backwards at 5k and dropping out just after SWMBO went pass me.

pah... lightweight!

I ran the Cardiff marathon with food poisoning...finished in about 4.03 (which included stops to be sick!)...and it was cold and raining

I was very ill after though....I wouldn't recommend it :confused:

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Steve said:
I did the Amsterdam 1/2m a few years back....well actually I didn't.....I suffered food poisoning after eating a dodgy chip the night before the race and was sick all night.

Hang on a minute. So you were in Amsterdam, the Capital of dodgyness, the night before a race.

AND YOUR BLAMING A CHIP FOR YOUR POOR PERFORMANCE!!!!

I think there may be something that your not telling us Steve.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I think the word "Dodgyness" should go in to RF word of the day ;)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
hot foot said:
Hang on a minute. So you were in Amsterdam, the Capital of dodgyness, the night before a race.

AND YOUR BLAMING A CHIP FOR YOUR POOR PERFORMANCE!!!!

I think there may be something that your not telling us Steve.:rolleyes:
Of course it was a chip...mind you the piece of cake I had with my coffee did taste a bit odd....:d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Trinity said:
pah... lightweight!

I ran the Cardiff marathon with food poisoning...finished in about 4.03 (which included stops to be sick!)...and it was cold and raining

I was very ill after though....I wouldn't recommend it :confused:
Well it was "man food poisoning" so obviously a lot worse than yours Trin!:p

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I keep meaning to join a club, that really helped with my first marathon, but I haven't got round to it yet. Anyone know if the Exeter ones are any good?

I can't believe Trinity runs faster than me even with vomit-stops :eek: Must... train.. harder... Or go down the pub... One of the two.

You know the chips aren't for smoking, right Steve? :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts