Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Im liking this forum.lol.anyway Im looking for a watch, that gives you your pace i.e if you are going too fast etc, gives you heart rate, basically a good watch for training!
hope this isn't too confussing....just give me your advice on any watch that you think will be good for training

Thank you

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
I would say the Garmin 305. There are quite a few people on here using it now and it gives you your pace, heart rate, beeps if your going too fast, beeps if your going too slow and even lets you race yourself from previous runs.

Have a look in the GPS section for reviews and comments. £139 next day delivery from Amazon.

Its quite bulky though so wouldnt recommend trying to use it as an every day watch, if thats what your looking for. The 405 looks more like a watch but costs double the price!

O.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
If you want pace and HR you won't go far wrong with the Garmin 305... or the 205 if you're not bothered about the HRM. There are other options around but I tihnk the Garmin's popularity speaks for itself!

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
yup... i agree with Owain.

i originally bought a garmin forerunner 50 for £65 which did speed from a footpod
but have just upgraded to the forerunner 305 (£125)

basically get what you pay for.. if you can afford it a gps one will be more accurate, but if ur on a tredmill then you would need a footpod based one

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would like to say the CASIO is suitable for you.There are many professional watches for doing sports.If you are interested in it,you could have a visit to it.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I just use a Polar HRM, simple but effective enough :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts