Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's that time of year again and I was wondering what everyone had targets wise for next year? Whether it be getting injury free, Particular PB's to crack or anything unrelated to running....

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Running wise I have two, the first is to get under 2hours for a half marathon and the second is not to let the training slip after a few good weeks.

EDIT: Thankyou LJ - and to finish the London Marathon! (sub 5 hours is the target but I secretly hoping I might be well inside that)

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
I'm aiming high for 2008... come 31/12/08 I'm hoping to have a 10k PB of <36:00, and 1/2 mara <1:25:00. I expect people to say/think it's too ambitious but i'll do what I can to prove them wrong :p

I have races in March/April for each where I'm hoping for sub 39:00 10k and sub 1:30:00 HM. Which seems a steady progression from where I am atm on the road to my end of year goal.

Btw, when I say 'sub' I mean 'scraping to the barrel to beat' - But having joined a club I know i'll improve a reasonable amount and I've not shown any signs of reaching a plateau just yet.

In terms of other resolutions... hmmm, I'm not sure there's much for me to change? I don't smoke, I don't drink much anymore, I excercise regularly... Money? Definately need to change something there! ooh, and I need a new car! is that a new years resolution? :d

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Snap! I'm aiming for a sub 1:25 for the half too. The sub 36:00 I'll leave to you Richard, as I think that's a LOT tougher than a 1:25 1/2!

Granty, I think you forgot something... The small matter of the FLM!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and to lose the 3/4 of a stone beer tyre round my waist - If I do that the 1:25 will be a breeze!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Sub 46min 10k, Sub 1:50 Half.

And I would love to run a Marathon..............................There,I said it.....

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
hahaha... just noticed the 'artistic' change to the avatar Dave... B&W really shows body definition ;)

Sub 36min 10k will be harder I think... but on club nights where we do speed work & hills I seem to leave everyone else in my group standing... but come the 8milers and more I'm always having to dig deep to make sure I stay with them! (not ideal as I'm still learning the routes around there)...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts