Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've just starting serious running in the past couple of weeks. I'm 15 and im currently doing 2-3 mile runs 3 or more times a week.

I was wondering, how quickly should I build up the distance, and will this be affected by my age?

Also, does anybody know the age requirement for the great north run and the London marathon. I remember hearing the gnr is 17 but im not certain.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome Kolraz

I'm quite new to running myself but hopefully someone more experienced can give you some advice.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm afraid I can't give specific advise, but I'll say hello :)

I suspect that you're right about London and GNR. On the other hand they're difficult races to get any entry as they're so popular, so you should stand more of a chance of getting into the youth races.

Regarding your training, the general rule is do not increase anything by more than 10% - for instance don't ever increase your distance by more than 10% (learn from my mistakes :( ) The main advice is simply listen to your body, if it's hurting and telling you to rest, then rest!

Good luck with the training!

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Kolraz said:
Also, does anybody know the age requirement for the great north run and the London marathon. I remember hearing the gnr is 17 but im not certain.
I would check both races websites, but would expect the marathon to have an age limit of 18, but I could be wrong.

Welcome to the forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts