Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

i would love your advice as i have my first 5k run tomorrow. I am 49 and go to the gym twice a week to do mostly weights and do a 20 to 30 minute cardio session usually on the bike .

i have never run 5k before and have just signed up to the 5k Park run that takes place every weekend.

i have not done any training to build up to this but do attend the gym as previously mentioned.

i occasionally have been out on a run over the last few years (maybe once a year) and my pace time is just under 7km .

my plan is to stop during the 5k and walk for a minute and otherwise try keep this pace and finish under 40 minutes.

i was considering trying a 3k run today i preparation for tomorrow's run, would this be a good idea ? i appreciate your advice.

thank you :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hello

i would love your advice as i have my first 5k run tomorrow. I am 49 and go to the gym twice a week to do mostly weights and do a 20 to 30 minute cardio session usually on the bike .

i have never run 5k before and have just signed up to the 5k Park run that takes place every weekend.

i have not done any training to build up to this but do attend the gym as previously mentioned.

i occasionally have been out on a run over the last few years (maybe once a year) and my pace time is just under 7km .

my plan is to stop during the 5k and walk for a minute and otherwise try keep this pace and finish under 40 minutes.

i was considering trying a 3k run today i preparation for tomorrow's run, would this be a good idea ? i appreciate your advice.

thank you :)
update.. just run my furthest ever distance non stop of 4 2 km with a pace of 6.36/km, happy with that and twice as long as i planned

1 - 3 of 3 Posts