Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Thought I would say hello. I am new to running, having only started in April this year when an advert for the race 4 life caught my eye. I followed the 6 week beginners training programme on the R4L website and managed to run the 5k in36 mins without stopping- I was so impressed! ( the last time I ran was at school more than 20 years ago ).
Next I ran the womens breakfast 5k in london at the beginning of July- amazing to run in London but appalling organization. I have still not received my finishers medal and the goody bag was non-existent, but that's another story.
My next is the barford bypass 10k on 20th aug ( i've never run 10k yet) in aid of my daughters pre-school, but i'm a bit nervous of looking a complete wally surrounded by seasoned runners!
Then I've got the womens hydroactive 5k in hyde park and the windsor 8k in sept.
After that I'm not sure what to do.
I do all my running on my own although i have a friend who will enter 5k races with me but no further. So if there is anyone in the bedford area, please give me a shout.
Nic x

·
RunnersForum Founder
620 Posts
Welcome to the forum Nic, you'll be fine in the 10k. People often think they will be surrounded by lots of faster runners but I can assure you that is not the case. There is always a wide range of abilities at every event.

Sounds like you are enjoying your running. Have you thought about joining a club?

·
Registered
16 Posts
welcome aboard nic there are some interesting chats on here from running to beer drinking i think there are some pretty good runners on here and also some beer monsters good luck batman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts