Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Can any one help?
I've been running for about a month,2/3 times a week, training for a 5k race in June. Whilst running I get this stressed feeling in my right foot, from my end three toes running up my foot to my ankle bone. After running my foot feels like it needs to be stretched and my toes feel all crushed together! odd i know! I think I might have a trainer prob or it could be something else? Are there running shops I could buy trainers designed to suit my running style? Or should I see a physio? :confused:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Where did you buy your trainers? From a running shop?

·
Registered
220 Posts
mia - where do you live? You should really buy your shoes from a running shop, they'll make sure they suit your gait and they're the right size (typically half or a full size over your usual shoe size)
What shoes are you rinning in at the moment?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wonder whether your trainers are just slightly too big for you. If the toe box end is too big sometimes you curl your foot to stabilize yourself which causes it to ache, or your foot slides back and forth (I only say that because I had a similar problem) Either way, like Greg says, well worth getting a proper assessment of your gait and size for the next pair...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had pains in my right leg..I purchased a new pair of Asics (really worthwhile)...and the problem was reduced...perhaps go to your local or chain sports store and try some pairs on, asking for some advice also.
Go to their website and go to the shoe advisor in my life...even if you decide not to buy a pair of Asics you can note down the type of running style you have so that you can explain to the sales representee or a person you are seeking advice from.
http://www.asics.co.uk/

Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts