Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I very new to running/jogging.

3 weeks ago I started to walk a couple of miles, then I ran a wee bit , then a wee bit more now I'm running more than walking.

I'm begining to really enjoy it:d So my plans are to increase milage 10% each week. And see how it goes from there.

My knee has been giving me jip though. A little niggle behind my knee. So I'm hoping thats it's just a new running sort of thing and it will go away.

So wish me luck.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
littlered said:

3 weeks ago I started to walk a couple of miles, then I ran a wee bit , then a wee bit more now I'm running more than walking.

I'm begining to really enjoy it:d So my plans are to increase milage 10% each week. And see how it goes from there.

My knee has been giving me jip though. A little niggle behind my knee. So I'm hoping thats it's just a new running sort of thing and it will go away.

welcome to the forum and good luck

Take it easy

cheriton

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
welcomeW.gif to the forum Littlered.

Seems to me you`re going about things in the right way.

Keep at it,stay with us and those ?????? next to your PB`s in your profile will have times in them before you know it.

All the best.

Dave.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
littlered said:

Welcome to the forum!!:)

Glad you're enjoying the running. I get a niggle behind my knee too, it happens every time I start to pick up the milage (which compared to some isn't that much). I would suggest keeping at the same level for another week or too, in order to let the knee settle down a bit.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your great reply's:d
Been running tonight, but went the other way as someone had suggested that it could be the camber of the road thats giving me that wee knee niggle.

So far so good, I'll see how the knee feels tomorrow.

I'm keeping at it as I have a plan (no I'm not telling, just yet:p )

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
littlered said:
Thanks for all your great reply's:d
Been running tonight, but went the other way as someone had suggested that it could be the camber of the road thats giving me that wee knee niggle.

So far so good, I'll see how the knee feels tomorrow.

I'm keeping at it as I have a plan (no I'm not telling, just yet:p )
try and run on the crown of the road little red stay safe though !

The cambers where i run are terrible :(

Glad the advice is working whoever gave it to you!

Take it easy

Cheriton

1 - 9 of 9 Posts