Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hello there. I found this forum the other day via google and thought I'd reform from my lurking ways and just join!

My name's Sophie and I'm new and shiney :) I started 'running' in april/may of this year, I hadn't exercised reguarly in far too long, so they were the good old days of 'run 2 minutes, walk 5 minutes, rinse and repeat until knackered' lol.

I'm really impressed with how far I've come since then and I'm looking forward to improving further! I have 2 routes (well 3 now) one of which used to take me 40-50 mins to complete (its 4.37km) and which I ran in 20 mins last thursday. woohoo. And I mapped out a new route today, which worked out to be 7.03km and which took me 50 mins to complete. Bloody hell. I felt like it was my very first run all over again! It was exhilerating. As for the other one, I haven't worked that one out yet! I mostly started running for it's benefits but now I'm quite interested in distance, speed, endurance and all that jazz!

So I'm hoping to stick around, these forums are a plethora of information!

Nice to meet you and happy running :)

Sophie.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Keep us posted on your progress; there's usually plenty of help and advice to keep you going here :)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Sophie

Welcome to RF.

Great work and continue to keep us posted on your progress :d

TT

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Sophie, welcome. You are running where I want to be in a few months (not literally, that'd be creepy, but you know what I mean ! ) Well done

1 - 10 of 10 Posts