Runners Forum banner

Niggles? :(

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  TDT 
#1 ·
its right on the arch of my right foot, from my big toe to my heel really hurts to put much weight on it but its bareable, really hurts if i put my foot on that side.

any ideas on why its hurts or how to get rid off it.

im thinking its over training cos ive run about treble what i normally would this week.

cheers

#2 ·
methinks you've just answered the question.

The temptation is always to rush the earlier stages of training when you first start running

You get a little voice telling you i can run further than this i can run harder,you feel unfulfilled and you thinkl you aren't making progress as fast as you would like .

This is all part of the process

This is the reason why when people ask the forum for advice when first starting to run it is invariably start slowly build gradually take it easy to avoid injury which will set you back

Take it easy

Cheriton

#3 ·
yeh but i can run thourght it, its not that bad or should i wait and see if it continues, its sort of hurt a bit yesterday after doing 7km and then i thought i rest it a bit today so i only did like 3kish and yeh.... complety rest tomorow or just run on regardless?

#4 ·
If it's not that bad tomorrow and you have had no reaction to todays exertion should be okay
See how it is tomorrow

We that is most of us run with some kind of niggle or another .

We are not in the fortunate position of our top athletes of being looked after with doctors physios ice baths etc etc

You are the best judge of whether or not to run on it, because only you can quantify the pain >

Hope this helps

Cheriton

#5 ·
Whatever you do don't run through it... you have been given a warning signal from your body, if you persist it will stop you running altogether.

I would take a few days off complete rest from running. Can you cross train at a gym? Or better still go swimming.

Injuries in your feet can turn into big problems because of the stress we put through them in running, let alone day to day activities/walking etc. If you damage tendons and ligaments in your feet it can take a long time to heal

#6 ·
right no, no gym, no swimming. im a school from 7.00 till about 4.50 which meens ive missed and the connection bus is is at 4.40 which meens that i cant get into town to go to the swimming pool. so all my activity has to be done in the outdoors or weight training.

and ive got triple football on wednesday and a rugby game on thursday. both of which ill be partisipating in pain in the foot or not.

so yeh at the weekend im out all tomorow and that night so some exercise on sunday and week day nights would be good.

and my god i feel really young writing that.

#7 ·
I've just seen that you are 15... even more reason to give your foot a break from running!

The good news is that being young you will heal quickly... but only if you don't stress the injury even more.

Have you got good running shoes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.