Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am toying with the idea of running this as my first ever race.Would you people of experience recommend this,or is it one to be avoided for any reason. Thanks.
P.S. I wouldn`t expect to finish in much under an hour. Cheers.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I ran this race 3 years ago.

It's a really good mass participation event. You'll find it quite busy on the course, but you'll also have a lot of runners about the same speed as you and you will be well looked after with drinks and things.

It's quite expensive but the tshirt is normally very good, the race is well organised and the training sessions they organise in the weeks and months leading up to the race are friendly and fun.

I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hollywood.I`ll give it a go then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is anybody else going in for this race...?

I've done a couple of 10k's and my times were between 50 - 55 mins (i'm no paula radcliffe), but i really wanna go in for the nike 10k - but i'm a bit scared i'll let my side down....

is it really competitive between the north & south teams...?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Block 32 said:
Is anybody else going in for this race...?

I've done a couple of 10k's and my times were between 50 - 55 mins (i'm no paula radcliffe), but i really wanna go in for the nike 10k - but i'm a bit scared i'll let my side down....

is it really competitive between the north & south teams...?
First time we did it I ran 48 minutes and Shiraz ran 58 - you will have plenty of company at that pace!

As Nike might say.... JUST DO IT!

P.S. No it won't be competitive between North and South - cos South are obviously going to win by a long, long way as usual :)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I`ll be running for the north,but I`m sure we will win despite this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would love to run this again, but the Kingston Running Festival is on the same day...

If I were I would be running for the Sarf.. even though i live north of the Thames now (still a Sarf-east londoner at heart!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts