Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahhhh, I'm running this today and am so not prepared!

Wasn't even supposed to be doing this damn race. My first 10k is supposed to be a Cancer Research run next weekend but a friend of a friend dropped out of the Nike run so I was badgered into doing it at the last minute.

The lack of preparation is making me a bit anxious! I've spent the wkend eating bad food and drinking too much cider.

I have a feeling this is going to go horribly worng!:eek:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It went quite well suprisingly!

I started off at a good steady pace. The sheer number of ppl running meant that it was very hard to break off but i think that worked in my favour. It helped me to stay slow and steady for the first few kms.

I got to 5km still feeling good. Took a short walking break but started running again after about 20secs. Got thru the water station without tripping over ppl, bottles, etc but started to struggle at an incline at about 6km. I took another short walking break at 7.5km to ease a stitch.

At about 8km my knee started to ache. Once I reached 9km I gave it all I had and sprinted to the end. Cruelly the last 600 metres were on a hill so it made the finish even more difficult!

I made it round in about 64mins. I'll know for sure when the chip times go up on the website. Im chuffed with that time as my the couple of 10km training runs i did took 70mins.

Now, I'm off to ice my aching knee!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Congratulations, 64 mins sounds very respectable to me !! :)
Like the bit about the finish being on a upwards hill !!

Onwards and upwards eh !

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Well done.

Rather you than me in a field that size. The 2000 in Southend was enough for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts