Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Who has completed it?

I posted a very happy 50' 40" for the 10K :)

There are some buts though...

I ran it on the treadmill as my recovery dictated I ran indoors.
The treadmill only recorded 5.5 miles :(
Nike have accepted the run as measured on their equipment ;)
Apparently I will get a Tshirt :d

Congrats to anyone who has run it, especially those doing the city runs.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I posted a very happy 50' 40" for the 10K :)
I ran it on the treadmill as my recovery dictated I ran indoors.
The treadmill only recorded 5.5 miles :(
Nike have accepted the run as measured on their equipment ;)
Not a great advert for Nike+
Your treadmill gives an accurate distance of 5.5 miles and the Nike+ records it as 6.2 o_O

Thats quite a difference

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its well documented that footpods vary in accuracy. It is still technically a race though :) I just won't count the time. Like all things if Nike encourage people to get out there then I applaud them and in the early days the Nike + certainly encouraged me to clock up the miles.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Its well documented that footpods vary in accuracy. It is still technically a race though :) I just won't count the time. Like all things if Nike encourage people to get out there then I applaud them and in the early days the Nike + certainly encouraged me to clock up the miles.
I'll go along with you on that one, it certainly gave me a reason to pound the streets in the early days. The nike + has since died and I've not bothered to replace it, but the importance of regular exercise has been ingrained in my outlook on life that to nike and others

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Certainly wasn't having a go at you m8 - and if Nike+ encourages people to go out and excercise in the first place - I certainly aint gonna fault them on that aspect. But I am still surprised at how innacurate that reading is considering you were on a treadmill and thus a consistant surface and incline throughout.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Certainly wasn't having a go at you m8 - and if Nike+ encourages people to go out and excercise in the first place - I certainly aint gonna fault them on that aspect. But I am still surprised at how innacurate that reading is considering you were on a treadmill and thus a consistant surface and incline throughout.
When I used mine I found that calibrating it was key to accuracy. It took several attempts, but when perfected, it was accurate to within 100m after a half marathon. Good enough for me!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I didn't take it personally Badz. Couple of points:

I ran in my Nike trainers which I normally reserve for outdoors and as I have a garmin I never really fine tuned the sensor.
I varied the speed as I wanted to push myself a little. So ran as follows -

2 min @ 5 mph
3 min @ 6.2 mph
2 min @ 7.5 mph
3 min @6.2 mph
2 min @ 7.5 mph

(a bit like run/walking as I would not of sustained the faster pace. I repeated this until the last 300m)

Sprint finish - 300m @ 8.7 mph :d

So not a consistant pace either.

·
Registered
33 Posts
A disappointing 51.50 ish for me. Added over 5 mins to my previous 10k but it was hilly in parts on this route.
Really helped me get out this run as really didn't want to go running on Sun but felt I had to.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just as an update: Nike have finally found my run. They have recorded it as 51.06.

I came 6239th :) in the world! I am happy with that

Even better I came 794th in the UK and 672nd male in the UK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts