Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
B*LL*CKS!

As much as I'm NOT a fan of nike, ceasing trade of shoes because they have the word 'stab' in their name?? Seriously???

Next they'll be pulling sports equipment that says 'speed' on it for fear of starting a drug use epidemic!!!

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus... I honestly started reading the article thinking the trainers had like a secret pouch or something designed into them which meant kids were stashing knives or something - this really is pathetic.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Have to disagree with you there RS. I looked at the trainers and now I really feel like stabbing someone.:'(

But seriously - you're right - the worlds gone mad. I too was expecting a place to stash your knife

Can't wait for the other manufacturers to follow....Asics Aggravated Assault Range perhaps...:)

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol, the thing is the current Nike+ shoes do have the secret stash area under the insole where you are meant to keep your Nike+ pod but really you could hide a lot of stuff in there if you really wanted to.

One thought I had was it gets Nike in to the news, as they say, there is no such thing as bad publicity. Looking at the shoes they don't look like the finished product, I wouldnt be suprised if they never planned on launching the shoe, they just wanted publicity and boy have they got it!

O.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Nike in a cynical marketing ploy??? Surely not.:p

Your right about the trainers though, they have a look of work-in-progress about them

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Some people are just plain stupid. Do folk not realise that STAB is probably just short for STABilser or STABility?

At my work we have a Hydrastab can't see us renaming it!

Soon we wont be able to CUT to the chase, or walk a KNIFEedge and employers beware given time you might not be able to FIRE someone. You wont even be able to be TRIGGER happy.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I hope noone on here is set TARGETS to HIT, heaven help anyone who AIMS for something new or sets there SIGHTS on better things.

As a nation where alot of the language comes from weaponary we are about to be FIRING BLANKS in conversation.

I just hope we can still go in up to the HILT!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts