Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Are these the very tight cycling style range? Not sure I've got the physique to carry it off but would be interesting to see what other peoples opinions are.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Are these like the things footballers have started wearing (Bobby Zamora was the first player I noticed)? Look like roll necks underneath the shirt?

Saw them in Sport & Soccer the other day, about £20 for the tops if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've just bought a Decathlon equivalent to these tops - and boy, is it tight to the skin but comfy at the same time..........

will try it in anger at the weekend and see what it feels like in use

with my fat shape I wouldn't go out in public with it on show though - there really is no hiding!! it will remain as a base layer only

·
Registered
419 Posts
Still thinking about buying some....

I'm still interested to know if anyone's using NikePro, Skinz, the Decathlon range, UnderArmour, Linebreak or any of the other compression clothing and if you are then what good is it doing you?

The clothing seems much cheaper now... I'm guessing that leggings are the best thing to start with? Are the tops at all useful for running?

(xmas is coming and the credit card is looking tempting)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nike pro

I've bought a couple of long sleeve NikePro tops recently, and have a good chance to test them out on a couple of cold nights (temperatures heading towards freezing) and on a milder night. I think they are excellent - on the cold nights, they prevented the cold shock when you first start, but once I got going and started sweating, then I did not get too hot (which has been a problem for me in the past). I guess the fact that there is NO room under the top to trap any warm air also regulates the heat.

On the coldest night on my top half I just wore the NikePro, a cotton t shirt, and a lightweight running jacket (bought from Aldi recently), and temperature wise it was fine. On the warmer night I did not bother with the jacket, and, again, it was all quite comfortable. I'm also pretty sure that "runners nipple" would be a thing of the past wearing these !!!

One thing to be aware of is that once you stop running (I do a walking cool-down) you very quickly lose heat, and can feel chilly in no time. However this seems to be a minor disadvantage in comparison to the benefits.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wear the Nike Pro range while running, and I quite like them. Have to say though, they are more suited in the winter rather than in the summer, even if Nike claims that you can wear them during the summer. If you wanna wear one underneath, I recommend a sleeveless compression type. I wore one with short sleeves and I overheated a bit.

If you wanna buy one, it would not be a bad thing though because it also has a strange phychological effect on you to carry on. I don't know, maybe it's just me but it's one of the reasons why I regularly wear them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Now I have not used the Nike Base Layers Compression or Pro but I have used and swear by the HH Dry Base layers. These were the originals and were even made in Olive so squaddies and booties didnt get rollocked for wearing them under kit. Its wicks away the sweat so you dont get cold on cold nights and in warmer conditions does the same but again kicks away the sweat so your more comfortable. I have the long sleeved version as I use it for skiing and rock climbing and running but I was consider the short sleeved version. As for the cheaper base layers I would stay away. The Nike baselayers look really good and I checked them out this weekend. Although I looked at the addidas base layers and on the box it babbled on about its psychological effects and I just laughed and left them on the shelf.

Every sports make under the sun is brining out their "own" version now so dont get ripped off with the hype.

Go with what works and I can assure you the original Helly Hansen layers are spot on. They also do HH Warm which is a pro wool like material.

Ken

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
i need to get a skin top to keep me warm as i only have short sleeved ones.

:(

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a Nike one and I am really motivated by it - to finish my run as fast as possible to take the damn' thing off!!

I'm also motivated to train more so I lose the gut so I look good in it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts