Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken part in the 5K events or are planning to do the 10K in October? Just wondered what they were like or worth doing?

·
Registered
419 Posts
<keyboard incompetence means I just lost my original reply... gggrrr...>

I didn't do it this year cos it clashed with the Cabbage Patch 10 race.

But previously I've done the Nike 10km and have loved it.

It's really well organised, the t-shirt is good quality and the value is good - especially if you enter all the races this year!

I'm also a fan of the Niketown training runs - but actually haven't been along to them for over 6 months...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good good. I looked on the events at runnersworld and there's a Run London Nike 10K on 8/10/06 - is this the one you were talking about? Is it possible to just enter it alone without doing any of the 5Ks do you know? (I'm not getting a lot of sense from the runlondon website - might just be me though...)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well spotted!

That's the race - it's an annual 10km race but last year (2005-2006) they've spiced it up a little by adding in some extra 5km races.

Normally Nike keep the date a big secret so it's quite surprising to see it advertised on RW already. There will also be a big advertising campaign when it gets launched and there's bound to be some "gimmick" attached - e.g. in 2004 the gimmick was that the race was run in the dark in November.

It will be a good, well organised race with a lot of people there - probably 30,000 to 40,000.

Not sure it's worth coming all the way from Wales for though - that's up to you I guess!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts