Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any NikeTown or Adirunners out there?

I used to be a regular NikeTown Tuesday nighter...

And I did my first Adirun tonight. Also very tempted to go back next week - they've got James Cracknell and Tracey Morris giving little pre-marathon pep talks...

Anyone else a Westend shopper runner?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If ever you make it to the big (dirty) city.... and you want a group run...

- Come try out the NikeTown store runs on a Tuesday night - 100+ runners warming up with a (lovely) aerobic instructor in the shop while hordes of tourists take pictures of them is really funny to see. But actually the runs are very friendly and Nike give you a free muffin and banana afterwards....

- Or new kids on the block, the Adidas shop have started doing runs too on a Wednesday - but only in the run-up to the FLM - from what I saw today... their route is nicer, their warmup worse, their post-race snack very Lucozade-sponsored and their nicest touch was that they're doing "running talks" after the runs - specifically about marathon stuff I think.

I think you can also find NikeTown runs from most of the NikeTown shops around the world... I almost did one in Auckland once. Almost.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For Nike runs, I don't think there is a website - although runlondon.com used to have some info... and this site has some official images of the routes. From what I remember I think the 7.5km is actually under 7.

Basically there's no registration ahead of time so you just turn up - the runs officially start at 6:30 but they often didn't used to leave until 6:45. If you're there by 6:10 then you should have enough time to get changed (toilets and water fountain on the top floor which is only accessibly by the lift), then check your bag in in exchange for a bib and then it's down to the main floor area for a warm up with all the other punters.

If you're interested in saving on kit weight or on trying on Nike running shoes, then they also normally have their big rack of shoes for you to try out for the run.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks. Are the Nike runs throughout the year?

The Adirun site says nothing about pace - how does that work?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the idea of Aldiruns :)

NikeTown runs are throughout the year - and they also organise extra runs in the 2 months before their main runlondon event.

For both Adi and Nike there aren't paced groups - its more "free" than that... if you do go to adi, then jog over to the park from the shop, then after the warm up set out at the pace you want to go at - you'll find yourself in the middle of a group of runners - so then just start talking to them about something you have in common... (clue: 3 letters, begins with F, ends in M)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts