Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a phone call from the school this afternoon about my youngest son, who is 12.

Apparently there had beed some 'play fighting...boy stuff' going on in the field, and my little Daniel had been knocked over and jumped on.

He complained that his back really hurt and he couldn't move his neck so the school called an ambulance while he lay there on the field.

They phoned me to tell me what had happened but I couldn't rush to him in his hour of need because I'd just put a colour on my hair! :confused:

I couldn't wash it off because it would've make my hair go a funny colour.

I feel awful... what must they think of me in school!!

I did get hold of his Dad, who managed to get to the hospital eventually, and as it turns out he is a bit battered and bruised but there's nothing broken.

So I accepy a nomination for Worst Mother of the Year :(

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
haha TRIN my mum's up there with you. When i was eight i came of my bike cut open my inside thigh down to the bone, while round a friends house. My mother did rush to be at my side but turned up at the wrong hospital so i was on my own in my much hour of need as well.:d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Trinity said:
I had a phone call from the school this afternoon about my youngest son, who is 12.

Apparently there had beed some 'play fighting...boy stuff' going on in the field, and my little Daniel had been knocked over and jumped on.

He complained that his back really hurt and he couldn't move his neck so the school called an ambulance while he lay there on the field.

They phoned me to tell me what had happened but I couldn't rush to him in his hour of need because I'd just put a colour on my hair! :confused:

I couldn't wash it off because it would've make my hair go a funny colour.

I did get hold of his Dad, who managed to get to the hospital eventually, and as it turns out he is a bit battered and bruised but there's nothing broken.

So I accepy a nomination for Worst Mother of the Year :(

Seconded!! ;)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Shocking Trin !! :eek:

If it was because you were playing Medal of Honor or something really important that you needed to finish then OK, but hair colouring ........... !

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But...but... if I'd have taken the colour off at that time then my hair might have turned out orange or something :confused:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Orange (or ginger as I like to call it) would have been OK, you could have gone in with bucket and said you were collecting for children in need ! :d

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Trinity said:
Well that very much depends on whether you told them you were too busy doing your hair! lol.

At the end of the day you made sure Mr. Trinity was able to attend, so you're not *that* bad a mum:p

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
Well that very much depends on whether you told them you were too busy doing your hair! lol.

At the end of the day you made sure Mr. Trinity was able to attend, so you're not *that* bad a mum:p
Don't give her a way out Richard ....................... still shocking ! :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Trin don't worry about it quite funny really(obviously not your son getting beaten up), must have felt like the longest time ever getting your hair dyed :d It doesn't make you a bad mother just some very bad timing another 5 mins earlier and it wouldn't have been a problem, hope the little fella is doing ok now though?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Twinks... really appreciate some friendly perspective :) , you're right about the timing, and about how long it felt while I was waiting to wash everything off.

He's ok, he had a sore neck over the weekend but that's about it. He's really enjoyed, and revelled in, the fame and popularity from being ambulanced away from school, which seems to have more than made up for me not being there when he needed me :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts