Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow runners!

I have just discovered this site and thought I'd say hello, I'm not new to running, been at it on and off for about 8 years now (more off than on actually) and have been getting back into it again for the last month or so.

I'm thinking about joining a club near to me to hopefully give me the motivation to keep going this time and improve, I emailed them the other day but had no reply as yet, do you think I should just turn up next week?, feel a bit nervous about doing that to behonest!

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Hello fellow runners!

I have just discovered this site and thought I'd say hello, I'm not new to running, been at it on and off for about 8 years now (more off than on actually) and have been getting back into it again for the last month or so.

I'm thinking about joining a club near to me to hopefully give me the motivation to keep going this time and improve, I emailed them the other day but had no reply as yet, do you think I should just turn up next week?, feel a bit nervous about doing that to behonest!
Welcome to the forum Rachelina.

I say just turn up at the club what have you got to lose? Bash on and dive right in.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
hi and welcome

i dropped an email to a couple of clubs that were local to me and only one responded.. so i went to that one.. it might worth looking at facilities of any clubs in the area..
it might be on is a little further away.. but the facilities are 10 times better

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I emailed a few but none got back to me! called one of them and they just told me to head down to the club. Best give them a quick call if you can, that way they'll be expecting you and have some idea of who to put you to run with!

Best of luck though, it'll certainly help your running - and welcome to RF too ;)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome to RF Rachelina.

Try to phone a contact...more persoanl that way...I prefer it when new runners call me about my club...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts