Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I was thinking of entering the Radstock 10k on 17th June, has anyone ran this? was a little concerned about the Miners Hill!!!! :eek: - I have just done the Plymouth 1/2 marathon, how does this compare?? - or am I mad?!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I don't know anything about this race but 10K is a nice distance especially after running a half. Hills you can always power walk and what you lose on the hill you'll gan elsewhere. What about doing some hill work as part of your taining? I don't know where you live in Plymouth but you could always try running up Ford Hill

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
10k? I thought it was a half marathon... The Miners Half, that used to be the Norton Radstock half. We considered doing it but have a 10k on the Monday (Westonbirt) which we both want to race.

Maybe next year......

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have changed it this year but I think there is still a 1/2 on the day. My other half comes from Radstock so wanted to go back to his home town to run! - so have you run the 1/2 before? - it was the Miners Mountain that I was particularly interested in as it sounds hard!!!:eek:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
No, I've not run the Norton Radstock half, so can't tell you about the 'mountain'

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi i am from the area and regularly run in this area with a running group. Can confirm they are doing both a 10k race and a 1/2 1 lap for the 10k 2 laps for the half. If you are thinking of running this one some hill work could be a good idea. :d

1 - 6 of 6 Posts