Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all - it's bee a looooong time since I a) contributed to the site and b) actually got my trainers on to get out of the door!

Finding it difficult to get out these days - my social anxiety during the lockdown is a bit high and I can't face the ramblers and dog-walkers who are all over the place (I used to run because it was something I did to get away from peopl!). If anyone has any tips I'd be grateful...

Hope you're all well (you won't remember me, but I remember Steve, Trinity, Richard and Sweaty Betty at least)!

Keep going!

Nat

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi there all - it's bee a looooong time since I a) contributed to the site and b) actually got my trainers on to get out of the door!

Finding it difficult to get out these days - my social anxiety during the lockdown is a bit high and I can't face the ramblers and dog-walkers who are all over the place (I used to run because it was something I did to get away from peopl!). If anyone has any tips I'd be grateful...

Hope you're all well (you won't remember me, but I remember Steve, Trinity, Richard and Sweaty Betty at least)!

Keep going!

Nat
Hello Nat, I know just what you mean. It seemed much easier to run from home and stay away from people in the first lockdown than presently.
You are alllowed to travel a short distance to a place for exercise, so why not look on an ordnance survey explorer map (4cm to 1km) and look for country lanes or bridleways not too far from where you are. DRive or bike to that location for your run. Have some fun exploring new areas.
Graeme

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funnily enough, the day you responded GraemeL I got attacked by a dog on my 6.30am run. Unfortunately it just makes me want to stay at home!

Looks like lockdown might be easing soon, so hopefully people will go back to work and only exercise/walk the dogs at the weekends!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts