Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellooooo,

Not been around in a while, you probably don't remember me:p

I am trying to get back into running, I did my race for life in june, went well despite injury and having to walk abit of it. I had an injury 6 weeks before and my GP told me to rest my foot or take up cycling:rolleyes:

I now can't get back into it and haven't been feeling so good the last 2 months, alot of stress and lost half a stone in weight. I fainted in work a month ago and the GP said my weight is low and BP so need to gain a stone.

I daren't get back into the running until I have gained some weight. I have never been a big girl by any means but I need to get to about 7 & half stone, im currenly 6 stone 8lbs but im a petite 5ft;)

I miss my running, any tips on how to get some weight on and keep it there? no matter what I eat I just cannot gain, we are all slim in my family with fast motabalisms, its not fair im nearly 29 now surely it should be slowing down, lol!

Hope everyone is doing well:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
not sure about the weight gain issue as I have the opposite problem (along with a lot of others I guess) but if it is your work causing the stress and weight loss I would look for another job, no job is worth screwing up your health.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Welcome back, I remember your avatar :love: very sultry.

Is it possible that some light running might stimulate your appetite. As long as you put more in than you burn there shouldn't be a problem.

A couple of miles once or twice a week could be just what you need. Well done on completeing your race. I have my first a week tomorrow.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Welcome back Jing, my advice for weight gain is not to be scared of carbs. Eat little and often too, never skip breakfast either always try and eat something within an hour of waking. Try to eat more good food and not try to pile on the weight by eating crap all that will do is make you feel worse.

As for the running thing go for smaller runs you will enjoy and not take too much out of you. The running will give you more energy and relieve the stress you are under provided you enjoy it and don't force yourself. Just thing of those lovely endorphins soon to be coursing through your body.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello all,

I have 3 kids so thats why im stressed;-) kids and summer hols are so not fun at times, hehe!

I have a cough at the mo that im waiting to get better, once thats out of the way I shall start my short runs even if its just a mile and see how I go.

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
149 Posts
three kids, that would be a good reason to be stressed I've only got two and that can be entertaining at times ! I would say going out for a run is a good way to relax and get some time to yourself to boot. Eventually they will want to come out with you as my eldest does and she can talk all the way round and then sprint home :mad: so make the most of it now.
Hope you get back into it soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts