Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new member based in Mapperley Nottingham. Planning to run Robin hood marathon in Sept - run a few 10k and half marathons - find my Garmin 305 great for records my runs - have not used in for intervals etc - so any pointers welcome.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi there, welcome to the forum.

I work in Nottingham and have just done the Jagermeister 10k and doing another 10k in Kedleston at the end of Sep. Not planning on doing a marathon until the end of next year though.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
welcome ninemins (per mile?).

nottingham is a great marathon, secondhalf can be a bit lonely and the rowing lake is.. interesting!
i'm sure you'll enjoy it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies

Luckily I know the wonderful rowing lake section so am devising strategies to minimise the tedium. I didnt want to travel too far for a marathon until I get a time and know what I am up against.

I just want a touch under 4 hours - speed is OK endurance is the issue.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Luckily I know the wonderful rowing lake section so am devising strategies to minimise the tedium. I didnt want to travel too far for a marathon until I get a time and know what I am up against.

I just want a touch under 4 hours - speed is OK endurance is the issue.
well 9min/mile should see you safely under that :)

the rowing lake section wouldnt be so bad if it was a little earlier, the fact it comes round 20-21miles makes it alot worse.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good luck in the Robin Hood, I did the half last year. I am from Nottm but live in Yorks. I still support and watch Forest hence my name tag.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts