Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i am a novice runner in training for a relay marathon run,
training going ok, main problem is i wear glasses. What is the best method of keeping sweat, rain etc at bay when running with specs.

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Hi Kev i run in glasses i use a cheap thing i had from specsavers it's basically a black thin strap that you put on the tips of the earpieces of your specs they adjust and hold the glasses in place really well sweat can be a problem you just got ot keep wiping as for rain if it;s light i don't worry too much but in heavy rain i shove a baseball cap on and pull the peak down keeps the worst off!

Take it easy

cheriton

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kev :)

Sorry but I can't help you with the glasses question... I wear glasses but I don't need to wear them when I run

when I wear sunglasses though it doesn't seem to be a problem

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi Kev

Are you finding that thye mist up or slip off? Mine generally survive most runs ok, if you find they mist up then try clearing all sweat off your forehead and face with a quick rub. If you need them to stay on, then the band thingy Cheriton mentioned is probably best. If you can see well enough, it's quite good to just run with them in your hand for a short way

Best of luck with the marathon!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Hi Kev. glasses bouncing.gif

I wear an old pair of glasses when I run.They are nice and light and so slipping isn`t a problem.

My eyes aren`t too bad,I just prefer to be able to see clearly when I run.

I dont really have a problem with the sweat,but there have been a couple of occasions when I have got fed up wiping the rain off and so have put them in my pocket.

I have never really looked into it but I have been told there is a spray on the market that will help your glasses repel the rain and so lessen the problem.

All the Best.

Dave.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Cheritan,will investigate the strappy thing from specsavers, as for tonite i,ll try a baseball cap as its rainy here and i,m attempting 5.4 miles for the second time.

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
kev said:
Cheers Cheritan,will investigate the strappy thing from specsavers, as for tonite i,ll try a baseball cap as its rainy here and i,m attempting 5.4 miles for the second time.
go for it Kev!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts