Runners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
haha :d Veeeeeeeery tempting ;)
I will do a half-marathon test on Sunday and will decide after that.
If I get close to my PB I think I will take a chance.

But yes, you're right... I want to "graduate", like Runningfox said... Sub 3 is more important :)

4 weeks to think about it.

Finished my hardest week today with a 20 mile run. It felt "neverending" but I was ok.
Only 4 weeks to go... brrrrr... sends shivers down my spine...

Discussion starter · #22 ·
No net access 'till Monday so here goes...
Half-marathon test on Sunday.
Getting up at 4am to ge ton a bus. Onto the train station. Train at 6.11am getting to a village in the middle of nowhere at 9.16am.
That village is 4 miles away from the town where the race takes place. Will try to get a lift or else will have to run there.
Sounds promising :d

Discussion starter · #23 ·
YES!!!!! Finally!!! After 5 and a half years I went under 1h20m in a half-marathon again :d

High humidity, heat, wind that picked up one hour into the race... It was hectic with runners stopping, walking, being sick...

I felt like throwing up a few times from mile 10 'till... well, until I went to bed that night :huh:

I went in a group until the 8th mile and then accelerated a bit to join another one with which I stayed until the last mile.
Always at a regular pace.
Felt the legs a bit heavy but I guess that's normal with all the training.

Anyway, it was a very good test for the marathon and a psychological boost to go under that elusive 1h20m :)

Well done Fulmar. As you say, it must be a great psychological boost to get under 1hr 20mins for the half marathon, something I've never done. I've every confidence you'll soon be graduating to the sub-three hour section of Runner' Forum. Here's wishing you all the best.
Cheers!

Fantastic Fulmar.

The kind of time most of us can only dream of.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
:embarrassed: thank you all...

The only thing worrying me now that I survived the hardest weeks of training and the half-marathon test is getting to the start line healthy and with good weather.

16 days to go :eek: (funny how the "wait" for a marathon fills me with fear and excitment at the same time - but it's generally a good feeling :) )

Discussion starter · #33 ·
steepler said:
Nice one!
Mind you my half PB is 76.11 and I've never broken 3 for a full marathon!
Same here steepler. With a 77.25 PB I should be running under 2h50m no problem...
With your sort of PB, time predictors give you times between 2h35m and 2h45m...
I guess Runningfox could teach us a thing or two :)

50 minutes to go and your online. Thats pretty well layed back Fulmar.

Good luck.

I bet your weather is better than ours.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!! I graduated!!!!! :d ~

2h54m44s (unofficial)!

And for the first time ever I coached someone, from scratch and he did 3h16m31s

I am very happy and I want to thank you all for the support given when the going was tough with all those miles in the legs, when I had doubts...

Ah! Dave :d I was online 50 minutes before the start because I came to a friend's house, where I am now, who lives 1km away from the start (very handy to leave the things) and he was still getting ready :)

I don't have internet at home and have to leave now.
I want to tell you all about it :p so I will write from work tonight :)

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.