Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone doing this?

Planning a trip back to my (and the other Bedfordshire running greats) homeland for it.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I am :)

It's part of my FLM training so it falls perfectly in time for the last long run.

I ran the Bedford half in December over that way too...enjoyed that race.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trinity said:
I am :)

It's part of my FLM training so it falls perfectly in time for the last long run.

I ran the Bedford half in December over that way too...enjoyed that race.
I know you did Trin, I met you!!

I'm a Bedfordian by birth but now live up North, I still go down quite often though as my family live down there still. Try to incorporate a race while I'm there. I'm using it in training for the White Peak Marathon in May.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
so we did... meet I mean.. sorry :embarrassed:

You just looked a little lonely in this thread all by yourself

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trinity said:
so we did... meet I mean.. sorry :embarrassed:

You just looked a little lonely in this thread all by yourself
thank you for joining me!! :)

I've put a few things about race son here and had no response....... but may well be closer to a free pair of socks as a result (they are genuine running threads though!)

·
Registered
113 Posts
hi Hammerite . . I was at Bedford too :) and surprise surprise . . I'm doing the Oakley 20 as well!!!

I'd love to do the White Peak as I did the Half there last year but it's the day before the Copenhagen Marathon and we're flying out . . maybe next year eh?

see you at Oakley though . .

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep hopefully see you at Oakley, back on my home turf for a race!!

Using it as training for White Peak mara as long as all is well. So far training isn't going too bad seeing as I have 3 1/2 months to go. Currently upto 17 miles. Bit nervous overall though as it'll be my first go at a marathon since I was at school 9 years ago!! FLM, got round off a little training due to injury I then didn't run for 7 1/2 years!! just hoping I don't get injured again.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well this is on Sunday, I can feel it hurting already. Managed to get above the 17 that I'd posted about nearly 2 months ago, have done a 30k race and a 20 miler, although I've been out most of March with an injury.

Still in 2 minds whether to do Oakley or not, will try a couple of miles either tonight or tomorrow and see what my thigh/hip are like. If OK then I'll give it a go, physio said if I needed to do Oakley then do it, but if I could avoid it then it would be better.

Bearing in mind I've been out so long I feel I have to try it but we'll see!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
as you'll see from my post in the weekends running I didn't make it. Common sense prevailed for once!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts