Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There doesn't seem to be one so I thought I'd kick one off.

Best to start at the beginning and WHAT AN OPENING CEREMONY!! When China want to make an impression, they really go for it. No expense spared. How can London follow something like that? If it wasn't for the deafening fireworks over the Bird's Nest stadium I reckon you could have heard an collective gulp from Coe & co (no pun intended).

Shame about Frankie Gavin. I used to play football with his brother and all he ever talked about when Frankie was younger was how he was going to be this amazing boxer. Then his chance to show the world what he's capable of just vanished over 3lb.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Wanted to see the ceremony but was at work - miffed :( highlights are on at 7pm but am on a long drive to Pembrokeshire tonight. Will be keeping half an eye on the whole thing!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm at work as well but luckily have an understanding boss. Managed to catch the whole thing on BBC. Gets a bit drawn out in the middle for the parade of the athletes (204 countries, with over 10000 athletes), but the highlights should shorten it down a lot.

Fantastic finale.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Couldn't give a fepp about the opening ceremony.

However, the interactive channel coverage of the woman's road race yesterday was fab.

And I recorded the swim races early this morning - women's 400m was an excellent finish, and men's 4x100 was stunning too.

So far, excellent!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I have been watching what i can, gymnastics fantastic, women just look younger and younger.

Watched the cycling too

:)

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Just bought a new TV which has Freeview on it so hope to follow the olympics a bit more this year. More interested in the running now as well which isnt suprising I guess....

O.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've watched this morning's 400m like 10 times now - still no idea how they catch up over a second in the last 50m.... BBC SPORT | Olympics | Swimming | Video - Freestyle gold and bronze for GB - also, love listening to how excited the commentators are... and watching Hoff's face when she turns round at the end!

{sorry - seem to be obsessed with the swimming right now :)}

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I've watched this morning's 400m like 10 times now - still no idea how they catch up over a second in the last 50m.... BBC SPORT | Olympics | Swimming | Video - Freestyle gold and bronze for GB - also, love listening to how excited the commentators are... and watching Hoff's face when she turns round at the end!

Yeah, it was a fantastic race. they are amazing to watch. I can't believe the americans won it but I'm glad Phelps is still on for 8 Golds. They don't swim that much slower than some people can run. Just amazing abilities.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts

I have done the same watched that a good few times and saw the last 17km of the cycling on Sunday what a way to finish, great results so far :d

·
Registered
204 Posts
Go New Zealand!!!!!:cool: :rolleyes:

The womens cycle race was good.. looked like really hard work.
Looking forward to the track events.

Never used to be interested in the games.... thats all changed now i'm into running / fitness etc :D

·
Registered
9,640 Posts

Never used to be interested in the games.... thats all changed now i'm into running / fitness etc :D

Does anyone want me to moderate this post :lol:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Is it me or does it seem like all GB athletes are up against well supported and therefore super motivated Chinese athletes?

·
Registered
3,339 Posts

It's all going pear shaped in the Ladies football Kiwi.:(:p

·
Registered
693 Posts
Did anyone else hear that the fireworks during the opening ceremony were faked? the ones we saw on screen werent real and were created by computer graphics, what a con!

I'm still looking forward to seeing the athletics this weekend though

1 - 20 of 150 Posts