Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And rude things and ****.

Went to the gym to do some gentle jogging, gradually getting back into the training. Did 2 minutes, and my foot started hurting, lots. So I switched to the bike, but I'm so grumpy and fed up and disappointed and cross and annoyed. I'm starting to think my body is just telling me to give up and I'm just not meant to run. Right now, I'm putting my fingers in my ears and singing "la la la" and I'm refusing to listen to it, but it's getting hard to keep doing it. :'(

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
sending a virtual hug :love: hopefully things will get better soon.

BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP :mad:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Hope your poor foot gets better BPC :)

Your thread title gave me an idea though:idea:

I would love a thread where I could just post swear words when I'm angry, f & blind etc.

Bet I'd post the most:p

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to hear that BPC - have you been to see a Podiatrist???
No. I was going to, because I was expecting my GP to be useless about injuries. But he turned out surprisingly useful and things were getting better, so I didn't bother. I'm rethinking that now, though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Bagpuddycat,

I can totally sympathise with you and i know how frustrating it is i've been having some problems and i so just want to go back to the days (not so long ago i might add) where it was just normal new to running aches. I had to stop and walk on the treadmill last night and usually go outside for a run on a Tuesday but not sure if i do i'll be doing the best thing tonight. It's so hard when your mind is in the right gear but another part of your body isn't following suit!!!!! and i don't want to stop for too long and risk getting out of my new hobby and routine so i know exactly how you feell (AAaaagHHHH)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just three days letter and a complete turnaround. :d

Went to the gym again. Foot felt strong and I did over 20 minutes run/walk on the treadmill, before deciding that while I probably could do a few more minutes, the sensible thing to do would be to stop there.

I've been icing it just in case, but I'm pretty sure all's well.

Looking forward to my first run outside in ages on Sunday, even though the weather forecast is shocking!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
It's funny how things can just flip around in a few days - good luck and don't overdo it just yet :d

1 - 12 of 12 Posts