Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Edward, I work in Maybush at the OS, was thinking of joining the Lordshill Runners as although I live in Winchester, I work shifts here in Southampton which makes 'club nights' difficult.

You will find this site very friendly, serious stuff and more lighthearted. Watch out for a few 'shady characters'!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Hi Edward,
Cornwall to Southhampton is one heck of a commute - I'm guessing you must stop over during the week.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Edward

Welcome to the forum, do you have any future races lined up?

TT :d

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Edward Chapman said:
Hi I am a running nut based in Cornwall but also work in Southampton. Love running ultras (eg Comrades) and off-road. Been running for 14 years and have occassionally strayed into triathlon and adventure racing. Getting slower as I get older but still loving it.:d
Hi Edward, welcome to the forum. What do you mean by OLD? And getting slower? You could still be fast for your category.
I was amused by the 'Top Tip' in your advertising blurb, i.e. TOP TIP. Now the sunny weather is here get yourself some sunglasses to run in.
If you lived up here in Yorkshire one of the main requirements is a pair of Flippers!
Cheers!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Thanks for the welcomes.

Lordshill meet 6.30 pm Tue and Thur at Oaklands leisure centre. Very friendly club. Every second Wednesday during the summer there is an inter-club race in the Southampton area.

Yes Cornwall to Southampton is a bit of a commute 3hrs 15mins so I stay overnight.

Re TOP TIP I was thinking of replacing it with a recommendation for Sealskin socks (might be spelt with a z somewhere) which are waterproof and breatheable.

Next event Boddington 50K this month. Augrabies Extreme Marathon South Africa October. The best marathon in England, the Cornish, in November the following week La Rochelle and finish off the year with Luton which I always say I hate but have done 5 times. There will probably be a few shorter races in between and I am pushing a lady in a wheelchair around the Great North Run.

Hope that answers all the questions. Glad to have found this forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts