Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Old Runner...New To RF

Looking out the window, watching the snow fall here in Cleveland, USA, on the shores of Lake Erie, with Wigan vs. Chelsea on the tv, and a cup of coffee with a dash or three of Dooley's. Not too bad of an afternoon. My name is Frank, but y'all can call me Sweaty. How you doin?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SWP just scored, so its Wigan 0 - 2 Chelsea now. Don't that just singe your shorts. Only 8 minutes left. COME ON WIGAN!

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Hi there, SF; welcome to the forum. Have a delve into the threads and posts therein... you'll find plenty to talk about.
Do I take it from your soccer allegiance that you're originally from Lancashire?
You mention snow: we don't get much of that over here, these days. Are you managing to get much running in?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Pedestrian,

Thanks for kindly not mentioning the faux pas in the subject of my thread where I referred to RF as RWF (Runners World Forum.) I used to post there, years ago, and had that in my mind for a moment. It is a mistake I will not make again.

Not from Lancashire. My support for Wigan was situational, of the ABC variety (Anyone But Chelsea) I am QPR, true Blue and White. I live in the states, on the shores of Lake Erie, and preside over the QPR-USA loyal supporters association. More snow than you can believe over here, and temperatures that are brutally cold, presenting some winter running challenges.

Thanks for your hospitality, and I will explore the various topic areas and join in the fun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha, the funny answer to that question used to be, "Not many QPR followers here, a dozen or so, which is about a half dozen more than in the UK." Not so true anymore. We still have very few supporters here, but with the new billionaire owners, QPR are becoming the fashionable club of West London.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Sweaty Frank said:
Ha, the funny answer to that question used to be, "Not many QPR followers here, a dozen or so, which is about a half dozen more than in the UK." Not so true anymore. We still have very few supporters here, but with the new billionaire owners, QPR are becoming the fashionable club of West London.

Cheers
No club is complete these days without a billionaire owner. :huh: ... and billionaire players to match! :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts