Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently started running more after dipping in and out over the last few years. For the last 5 years I have only done short runs as part of workouts, wearing CrossFit shoes, so I am not sure if my run style or technique has changed.

I currently have a pair of Mizuno Wave Inspire 7's. They need replacing but I can't get my gait checked at any shops because of lockdown and I don't want to spend £100+ on the wrong type of shoes. I think I underpronate judging by all my shoes (wear on the outside edge and roll into the toe)

My question is therefore: 1/ Should I just keep training in my old shoes? 2/ Get some cheap runners for a few weeks until I can get to a run shop? 3/ Take a punt on new shoes?
Thanks
Marc

·
4,298 Posts
I would suggest you get a good quality pair of shoes and take it from there.
I over pronate slightly, never had gait analysis done, I just buy good quality shoes that fit correctly and feel comfortable, usually old models as they are cheaper. I have never spent more than £40 on a pair of trainers. I am not saying gait analysis is no good, just that I have never seen the need for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have recently started running more after dipping in and out over the last few years. For the last 5 years I have only done short runs as part of workouts, wearing CrossFit shoes, so I am not sure if my run style or technique has changed.

I currently have a pair of Mizuno Wave Inspire 7's. They need replacing but I can't get my gait checked at any shops because of lockdown and I don't want to spend £100+ on the wrong type of shoes. I think I underpronate judging by all my shoes (wear on the outside edge and roll into the toe)

My question is therefore: 1/ Should I just keep training in my old shoes? 2/ Get some cheap runners for a few weeks until I can get to a run shop? 3/ Take a punt on new shoes?
Thanks
Marc
Hey
If you want your gait checked id go to a MSK Podiatrist and get some insoles that will fit into your trainers ,while lockdowns going on and we may be here a while id get some generic supinate insoles from amazon and pop them in your Mizunos. Hope that helps ,one idea anyway.

Jane

1 - 3 of 3 Posts