what does the reading, % of Fat mean?

I.e. today it read 18%

The instruction book that came with it isn't very informative

Thanks
x

·
Registered
707 Posts
Surely the % fat reading tells you either the percentage of fat your body has - 18% is pretty low, really lean people I know are only 20% and I haven't checked mine in long enough for it to be totally irrelevent, so that's awesome for you! OR equally it might represent the percentage of the calories you burnt from fat stores rather than glucose (glycogen) stores (ie how much of your workout was anaerobic or whatever type of CV it is that burns fat)? But yeah, go have a look at the manufacture's website, or... I can't believe I'm suggesting this... read the manual? (I never read manuals... ever).

Oh, just did a quick google search - this might help you out a bit:
http://www.articlecat.com/Article/Fat-Burning-Cardio-Workouts-with-Heart-Rate-Monitors/8984

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
almost_no_specifics said:
Surely the % fat reading tells you either the percentage of fat your body has - 18% is pretty low, really lean people I know are only 20% and I haven't checked mine in long enough for it to be totally irrelevent, so that's awesome for you! OR equally it might represent the percentage of the calories you burnt from fat stores rather than glucose (glycogen) stores (ie how much of your workout was anaerobic or whatever type of CV it is that burns fat)? But yeah, go have a look at the manufacture's website, or... I can't believe I'm suggesting this... read the manual? (I never read manuals... ever).

This might be the clue as to why your I-pod broke!!

Squint

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
you need to know how its measuring it or attempting to measure it.

most commonly things use 2 metal pads and measure resistance, but this is verrrry dependant on your level of hydration.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Squint said:
This might be the clue as to why your I-pod broke!!

Squint

Well... I did read THAT manual because it was so bloody short! And I read the online support... in the end i just tried resetting it again the next day and it worked fine!! Go figure !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts