Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps, i need your advice! - my "chaps" are a little delicate having completed my first ever 10 mile + run at the weekend. I'm training for the marathon so am terrified what 26 miles will do to them! How do you avoid "chaffage"?!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Commando with vaseline by the handful works for me Brad.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Brad... there was a thread very recently discussing the matter, though in all honesty I can't remember which one! I've found that talc'ing my delicates and then running just with running shorts that have a liner in them works alright for me... though I was starting to suffer after 18miles yesterday.

I'm sure vaseline would work but I'm a little worried about it staining/ruining my shorts! Not sure if it's worth noting but I've found chaffage only seems to occur when I'm sweating in that area.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Dave said:
Commando with vaseline by the handful works for me Brad.
Sometimes I use this method when I`m going for a run as well.............:p

·
Registered
401 Posts
not running as such but

i used to do a lot of physical work outdoors and myself and several others used to suffer with chaffing we found that unpadded cycling shorts instead of underpants solved the problem.

May be worth trying.

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
the thread richard was tallking about is in the beginnners section titled
A couple of problems need some advice!
Swinging free works for me!

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
unpadded cycling shorts does work well, it means the friction is fabric on fabric, rather than there being any friction on the skin... the same thing applies for all chaffing, cut out the friction on the skin and problem solved!

·
Registered
199 Posts
It was me!! I was the one suffering from "chaffage" in the other thread...

Yep, try vaseline and commando, I tried it (after advice on here) and it seems to work ok.

:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2 big thank yous!

Cheers for all the pointers fellas, may i thank you on behalf of my future Brad offspring!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts