Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had one of the best ever runs.
Not time wise, although it was the fastest I've ran this particular run :lol:

It was already raining to begin with, had been all day, meaning the route was likely to be slippery, soggy and a bit dangerous!
The field was obviously a little swampy, made for some fun, trying not to be caught up in it.

I tried to 'dodge' the puddles at first but as I ran up the first hill, my feet got soaked as it had turned into a slight stream.....

As I then ran down the long downwards bit, the heavens really opened, the lightening struck and the thunder roared (I kid you not). Then the hail! OUCH!
Seriously they were huge, but anyway.
The track round the reservoir had turned into a river, not one 'dry' patch to run on.

It was a case of plough on and if you fall, so be it!

Honestly, the torrential rain and the hail actually made this run fun. In a mad way.

I even knocked 12seconds off my time. Imagine how much more had it not been chucking it down.

Any more stories of truly horrific weather?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wow! That sounds like fun. Well done reducing your time so much.
I went out this evening and got drenched, I didn't like the pools of water in my trainers but other than that it was great. I had some funny looks though, I think its because I was actually smiling:happy:

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
That does sound like a fun run tonight, except for the lightening, not a big fan of that stuff, especially when your soaked!

Well done on knocking off 12 seconds!!

O.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Nice one GH, sounds like you were having far too much fun are you supposed to have that whilst running, I don't think you were working hard enough ha ha :d:lol:

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
my favourite runs to date have all been in the pouring rain, and my most enjoyable run ever has to be when we had the floods... I ran to town, across the top of town, and back a different route... cars were queuing in all directions and in some places I was flying through water that came haflway up my shins - I felt absolutely no fatigue and all I could think about was how fun it was! absolutely fantastic :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts