Runners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a writer and actress and my satirical one person play 'When to Run' is touring England (will be on at York next week on 23 September).

You can find out more about it at www.sophiewoolley.com

It will also be at Ilkley on 14 October and London at the Purcell Room Royal Festival Hall on 5 December. More dates are on the website.

Through researching the play I have really fallen in love with running. I've just done a 3 week stint at Edinburgh Festival and had quite a few runners come along to see it - and some great reviews!

here's some blurb...
Irvine Welsh described Sophie Woolley’s Edinburgh debut When to Run as a “stunning, electrifying show full of imagination and verve. She creates characters and worlds that shock us, and then pulls us into those worlds with her great performances. She's massively talented and is already becoming hugely successful.”

When to Run is a one person play about four women who have more in common than they think. Written and performed by Sophie Woolley and directed by Gemma Fairlie, When to Run tells the compelling story of four women runners and a man who looks a bit like Tony Soprano.
Sophie flits between characters in a beautifully written play of interwoven monologues which are at once hilarious and moving. A neurotic professional, an urban teenage athlete, a secretly miserable life coach and a dog walker who hates exercise. Their lives collide as they pound the pavements of London - with fatal consequences.
A must see for runners and couch potatoes alike.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts